Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blog winner of the Artsy Ornament class...

and the winner is…


Penny Langenbach said...
I would love to nominate my mom, Jo Seymour. She is an amazing woman who has been through a lot these last few years. Her faith and her art have kept her going. I know she would love love love the opportunity to take this class. Please consider my mom. I would be very grateful.



Penny if you can let me know your Mums email I will get the details sent to her. Congratulations.

For more info on this fabulous class go HERE

Heres a sneak peek of my contribution


I would also like to pay tribute to a lovely lovely lady who lost her battle with life earlier this week.



I first met Gwen when she came to one of my art journaling beginner classes. She was very timid and struggling with a lot of things going on in her life. Through the years I watched her grow and blossom into a vibrant, confident, empowered woman.
I will always remember the impromptu belly dance demonstrations, her hilarious tales of drinking Limoncello, her fascinating stories of her time in Japan with her partner Jayne, her determination to conquer her fear of driving so she could come to classes, her love of owls and cats, her refusal to give in and her infectious laugh.
Just writing this has me in floods of tears. She touched a lot of hearts and made this world a better place.
I will miss you sweetheart and I am so sorry you never stayed long enough to fulfil all your hopes and dreams. I wish you had known just how loved by people you were.
Fly high gorgeous, fly strong and free. xx

Next journaling class will be Limoncello all round.

8 comments:

Caroline D. said...

So sorry to read about your friend Dyan... {{{hugs}}}.

Your ornaments are lovely and beautiful!!

Dara Lynn said...

What a beautiful post Dyan

Peanut0601 said...

Aw, what a beautiful tribute. Hope you have many happy memories of Gwen. Fill your heart with the fun and goodness and not the sadness of her leaving.

And Penny, congrats and thank you for nominating your mom. Hope she enjoys the class.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for, what sounds like not just your loss....but the loss of a truly treasured soul that was shared by many. My hope is that you find comfort in your memories of good times and warm thoughts of your dear friend. You are loved xxoo

Unknown said...

Beautifully written heart warming words Dyan .... So sorry for your loss, sounds like she was a wonderful woman !

Marie R said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Dyan. Sending hugs lovely xx

Diana said...

i am so sorry to hear of the loss of what I can only imagine a great soul! hugs to all from me and my girlie

Debbie Keel Ridle said...

So sorry for your loss... she sounds like she was a fantastic woman with such a love of life.... a beautiful soul is now in Heaven...

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott