Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's Vegas baby...

This is where I have been for the last 6 days at he Tropicana Hotel on the Vegas strip...


For once in  my life I feel completely normally just walking down the street !!


Believe it or not, apart from going out for food, I spent 3 days solid in my hotel room making samples for the show...


The view from my room at night


Lots of Skypes...


But on Thurs it all changed... Look who knocked on my door...!!


Yup, one of my besties, the fabulous Dina Wakley came out to see me. And just look what the hire car place had given her !!


Vegas in a Mustang convertible...don't mind if I do...


We decide to go see the Hoover Dam


But it was sooo hot..111degrees and no shade, so we didn't last long.


I still really wanted to see it so I conned/bullied/persuaded Dina to come up in a helicopter with me.







If you are ever there you need to do it, It was frikkin awesome.


After a long lunch we hit Ceasers Palace and the shops. Eeek look what we stumbled across...It would be ruuuude not to go in.



And it would be even ruuuuder not to try everything on. I adored this dress but it was just too tight across the girls.


Still I found a few other things to make up for it lol

Obligatory tourist pic


And then it was time for a bit of pampering, got to look your best for CHA.


I am busy now packing up my suitcases to move to a hotel nearer the Convention centre, which will be my home for the next 6 days of mayhem and madness.

I will post up some samples of my new stuff tomorrow for you all to see..

Enjoy xx

16 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

Omgeeee looks amazing!! Love the Thelma and Louise car and the helicopter, wow!! Have a fabulous show love and miss you Kaz xxx

Sue said...

Better you and Dina up in a helly than me! Looks like you're having a ball. Continued fun for you!

Caroline D. said...

Looks so fun.... all of it!! I had to LOL at all the Elvis'es. The helicopter ride looked amazing and I'm sure it's something that is super special. Last visit I had to Hoover Dam was in 1998 and we could still drive across the top of the dam then and before the bridge construction ever began. I'd like to visit again some day.

Kathyk said...

AWESOME indeed!

Have a great time at CHA

Kathyk

Debbie said...

Omgosh my Dad did this 10 years ago, but he never took photo's, only told me about it, it looks amazing, I must go there one day (if I ever pluck up the courage to fly that far.0
Have an amazing time at CHA, looking forward to seeing more photo's. Debbiex

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh Wowee!!!! What grand pictures and Art!!!! I love the helicopter tour idea...booked one too! That stang looks fun! So glad you had some time to play! See you in your class soon!

Carol McCready said...

Love Vegas! Have a great
time.

Dara Lynn said...

So happy to see you and Dina together!! I so look forward to more adventures! :

borgqueen said...

Just brilliant
dancing a happy dance looking at these pics

flutterbycrafter said...

Go girls xx

Miranda said...

Have a lot of fun at the CHA...and I can' t hardly wait to see your examples with the new stuff, they look like so much fun.....
Hugs
Miranda

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're taking some time just to have fun. That helicopter ride looks great & I love the car. Hope you show what you bought in Betty Page at some point......
Have a great time at CHA, looking forward to seeing all your makes.

texasbarb said...

Looks like you and Dina are having a BLAST!! So wish I was there with you guys!! The helicopter tour looks amazing! Have a GREAT CHA!!

SeasideKaren said...

Wow what a fab day! So glad you've had a fun girlie day in the middle of all that mad hecticness, and as for that car....ooh the adventures you could have in that!
Enjoy CHA we are flying out to NYC in TWO MORE SLEEPS! Wish we were a bit nearer.....might need to hire a car lol!

Arts by Sara said...

Wow... looks like you are having a fabulous time! You have no fear of anything, do you? All I keep thinking is I need to get a few more guts to do just whatever, whenever!!! You are fabulous!!! Have an awesome time and will keep checking back on you! Hugs <3

Dina said...

Dang, I love you, girl. :)

Quote of the Century


"You are an extraordinary woman.


How can you expect anything ordinary to happen to you"


Louisa May Alcott